just joined

Introduce yourself to our friendly and loving community.

just joined

Postby unipede on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Although I have posted a few replies - I suppose I should introduce myself.

I am Steve, 56, an above knee amputee with a 40% use right leg after a car crash in 1996 (the amputation was elective in 1999 after 3 years of trying to fix it and an massive infection). Married with 2 children, grown up and 4 almost 5 grandchildren, and I live in a beautiful bungalow in a small village just outside Grantham.

I drive an automatic car and use manual wheelchairs, a powerchair (with a hoist in the car) and a scooter round the village. I did have a house in Cape Town for 5 years and flew between the 2 countries and in fac t we crised out there initially so have had some experience of travel with the wheelchair. I have used computers for well over 20 years so know what I am doing there. www.stevecattell.com is my home page

Chief gripes are rip off companies making money from our disabilities - baths, showers, scooters etc, double beds instead of twin beds in disabled rooms, and disabled rooms in hotels designed by someone who may have sat in a wheelchair but isn't confined to one.

unipede
AbleSea Newbie
AbleSea Newbie

Re: just joined

Postby Admin on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:06 am

Welcome to the forum unipede, glad to have you here, and i hope you enjoy your stay. If there is anything we can do to make your stay better then please let us know, i'm looking forward to your posts and what you have to say.

Thank you for joining

The AbleSea Team
Admin
AbleSea Admin
AbleSea Admin

Return to Introductions