Welcome to AbleSea

Introduce yourself to our friendly and loving community.

Welcome to AbleSea

Postby Admin on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:07 pm

We wish everyone a warm welcome to AbleSea, a forum specially dedicated to the disabled community. The main goals and objectives are to provide help, resources and information to the disabled community and we hope you enjoy your stay here with us in this fun, friendly and loving community. At AbleSea we do not just focus on disability, but the ability to have fun and enjoy ourselves. We hope everyone has a great time here talking to fantastic members and sharing great stories and memories with each other.

AbleSea is the place to share your concerns about disability, if you are having any problems then please let us know in the forum sections and our members will be glad to help you find a solution to your problem. No matter how big or small your problems/questions are please let us know as we want to help as many people as possible by offing you help and support along the way.

If there are any other features or forum sections that you would like to see in AbleSea, then please let us know as this is your community and you have the say on how the community is run, built and what features and sections you would like to see.

Your support will help us to build this community and help people all over the world with various disabilities and give you the voice that deserves to be heard by everyone. We hope you all have a great time at AbleSea, and if you have any questions then please let us know, as we want to hear everyones opinions and suggestions.

Thank you for Joining AbleSea

:P

Admin
AbleSea Admin
AbleSea Admin

Great to be here

Postby Richard on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:03 am

Thanks for this forum. Love it here and hope it grows and grows so we can help more people get together and sort our problems out and offer help and advice to them. Great start and cant wait for new members to join here. :D
Richard
AbleSea Junior
AbleSea Junior

Re: Welcome to AbleSea

Postby Sarah on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, I hope to get to know more people here and make new friends and enjoy my time here as well. I look forward to sharing my stories and advice in AbleSea.

Love Sarah!
Sarah
AbleSea Regular
AbleSea Regular

Postby Alextv on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:26 am

Thank you for the forum, I hope this keeps growing because in that way we are going to be more informed.

Thank you
Alextv
AbleSea Newbie
AbleSea Newbie

Postby boldwheels on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Great to be here. I want to learn as much as I can.
boldwheels
AbleSea Newbie
AbleSea Newbie

Postby twoswords on Mon May 04, 2009 11:27 am

I am glad to be a new member, you can call me Rickie. i have a mental illness and an autistic son. Blessings, rickie
twoswords
AbleSea Newbie
AbleSea Newbie

Edward Janus | Disability Advocate and Activist

Postby Edward Janus on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Edward Janus. I am a Disability Advocate and Activist. My Campaign and Mission is Fighting for Persons with Disabilities. And Making Our Voices Heard. Internet Activism for Supporting Causes of Change. Governmental & Political Issues, Government Accountability, Fair and Honest Media Reporting, Consumers Rights. Animals, Civil, Children’s, Human, and Woman’s Rights. Educational, Health Care, and Environmental Issues. Abuse, Freedom, Homeless, Hunger, Peace, Poverty, and Violence Issues. And many other Important Causes. Sharing News and Resources.

A little bit more about me. I have Cerebral Palsy and an amputee (both legs) confined to a wheelchair. I am homebound, shut-in. I have worked to earn a living for almost 25 years. Then I had over ten surgeries on my cervical spinal column (neck area) in my lifetime. Now I have been on Permanent Social Security Disability since 1996. I was married and have a daughter. In 1999 an automobile while crossing a street, struck my wife. She died instantly. Now, I Live Alone. I receive only one household income. A Social Security check monthly. I would contact people by telephone, but I am also deaf. I cannot hear very well on the phone. You can reach me by email; all my activities and tasks are via Internet. Or you may send a regular postal mail.
I was invited by Mr. Oliver Anderson whom I met over at Twitter. And glad to be here.

Sincerely,
Edward Janus, Disability Advocate and Activist
Edward Janus
AbleSea Newbie
AbleSea Newbie

Postby Holly_RS on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:16 pm

I'm new here and just want to say hello to everyone that's posted before me!
www.ourtownearth.com
http://perspectivesondisability.wordpress.com/
http://twitter.com/Holly_RS
"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something." ~Author Unknown
Holly_RS
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Postby rand on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 am

We need more sites like this to get information to those with disabilities, especially those individuals that have a neurological disability such as Spinal Cord, TBI, MS, Spina Bifia or Stroke. These disabilities are usualy sudden and totally disrupt a person's life physically, emptionally and pschologically. Not to say other disabilities are not, but these are one's I have years of experience working with.

I have come to understand the great need for having a resource forum to share ideas and personal experience with others. I have seen so many people lost when it comes to insurance issues, equipment, home remodeling, sports/equipment and especially good Rehab and Physial Therapy facilities.

If you live in Michigan, Level 11 Physical Therapy, in Grand Blanc, has recently opened and is a great place for PT and other resources. The owner is a quadrapelegic himself and have worked to put together a great place to get information on everything from DME equipment to Sporting equipment and disability non-profit disability organizations.

We all need to be a resource center and share information. Help is out there, just ask!!

Good luck!!
rand
AbleSea Newbie
AbleSea Newbie

Postby Holly_RS on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Rand and welcome; you are so right about the need for information to be shared, because like you said when it is a disability that happens suddenly, the person can feel very lost and not sure what to do.
I live in Nova Scotia and we are piloting a program that deals with just that: connectivity and a uniform way to get information out while providing personal support for people with disabilities, and anyone who is a part of their life. In such a short time I have seen a world of difference being made in the lives of the people we connect with and it's a very rewarding feeling. When you love what you do, it doesn't feel like work at all!!
www.ourtownearth.com
http://perspectivesondisability.wordpress.com/
http://twitter.com/Holly_RS
"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something." ~Author Unknown
Holly_RS
Member of the Month
Member of the Month

Next

Return to Introductions